Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update on building - January

The water well was hooked up and tanked inside the building. I have no idea what this is really called, I like saying tanked! A fun word - reminds me of my younger days - partin' at The Coach. There were a lot of tanked people in there, but that is different from my water tank.
We now have water inside the building, but no plumbing yet.
The electrician and plumber will start next week I hope. I am currently working with the electric company, and a contractor to put in the underground electric from the permanent pole to the building. I need to have this in time so it will be ready for the electrician to tie it all together so I can have lights. The plumber should be starting next week as well. I get lights and one bathroom - I can spend weekends out there and start working on the sheet rock.
The house part is all framed out and I have the coolest Texas basement ever! For those of you not familiar with this term. We can't have basements in Texas because of the high water table here. So, we build them on the second story. Mine is accessed via a staircase in the shop to the second level. The basement is over the living quarters.
We should be ready for the Annual Olds Crawfish Boil and it will be the first one at the new location at The Ranch.
The planning and building continues!
On a side note, my builder did a fabulous job with this project. I highly recommend him! You can email me for his contact info.
No new pictures this post. The outside hasn't changed much - except we are finally drying out from all the rain. My puddles are dissipating.
Another side note - 2010 is here and has the coolest roman numeral ever: MMX. Just how cool is that. This needs to be on a T-shirt!

No comments: