Saturday, June 26, 2010

SPEE 2010 - Victoria, BC

Dan and I were lucky to be able to attend the Society of Petroleum Evaluation Engineers convention this year in Victoria, British Columbia.
Dan attends the meetings and I get to play and then get dressed up for a really great dinner at the annual banquet.
This year we were convening in the Fairmont Empress Hotel. It is amazing and the food was fabulous!
I had a great time - walked around the city and went on a castle tour. Dan and I went to the Gardens and whale watching.
We also were able to visit with our many SPEE friends. It was a great time!


Dan & I at Butchart Gardens - Sunken Gardens section - made in an old rock quarry.



Rainbow heading back into Seattle. You could see the whole thing. My little camera had its limitations. We saw a double rainbow as well.


Washington state road sign. It is a silhouette of George Washington's head. These cracked me up!



Fort Wilson - where Richard Gere was Private Mayo in Officer and a Gentleman.
Pulling away on the car ferry heading back to Seattle.... view of the Fairmont Empress.

Ruffles - big daddy killer whale in Pod J.



I was in Fan Tan Alley in Chinatown.... Mel Gibson & Goldie Hawn road a bike through this alley for Bird on a Wire.

Dan and Tracy with "Queen Victoria". SPEE pulled some strings to have her as a guest speaker at the banquet.

No comments: