Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Momma Squirrel in The Woodlands

These pictures were taken in the backyard in The Woodlands. Dan and the girls bought me a "squirrel proof" bird feeder. Well, this momma squirrel figured out how to retrieve the birdseed.

She jumps from the tree branch onto the feeder. It is a crazy scramble while she positions her body weight evenly hanging onto the breakaway perches. She sometimes falls and has to start over.

So then she hangs on with both back feet and one paw and uses the other paw to rake the birdseed out of the holes.

Then she hangs upside down to eat her reward.







My job is to keep the neighbors dang cats out of the backyard. I have brooms and squirt guns handy for the big crazy chase when I catch them in the backyard. I have caught cats sitting under the bird feeder just waiting....


When we had the greyhounds, I just turned them loose to take care of the cats....


If I were allowed to shoot a gun on my property in The Woodlands... I would not have a cat problem... I would use them for target practice!

No comments: